JOBS & INTERNSHIPS
Reports to: Executive Director
COGNITION of Davie County, Inc. (Cognition), located in Mocksville, is an interactive space for children, families, and the community to acquire knowledge through adventurous play, investigative learning, and creative growth. Cognition features nearly 5,000sf of interactive exhibits for ages 0- 10, a demonstration kitchen, and state-of-the-art Makerspace for ages 10-100. Cognition seeks part-time STEAM Facilitators to interpret exhibits and deliver STEAM (Science/Technology/ Engineering/Arts/Math) programming to both children and adults. Ideal candidates will have a passion for education in all its forms but especially STEAM, an appreciation for local families and children, and the ability to engage with a variety of audiences.
Please mail resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
COGNITION of Davie County, Inc.
P.O. Box 816
Mocksville, NC 27028
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passion and sincere appreciation for Cognition’s mission, prior experience with learning institutions preferred.
- Strong organization skills – ability to prioritize, schedule, delegate, plan and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Display hard working, self-motivated attitude.
- Ability to work 20-30 hours per week (with some weekends and evenings for special
- Good physical stamina is required and the ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work in crowded areas with loud noise levels.
- Willingness to learn how to use Makerspace equipment.
- Associate degree or above required.
- Teaching certification, or 1-2 years of experience in a museum, school, makerspace, or similar
work setting preferred.
- Assist Executive Director with delivery of programs, and facilitation of birthday parties, event rentals, and school field trips.
- Engage with varied audiences (families, schools, general public, seniors) one-on-one to bring exhibits and Makerspace to life.
- Deliver demonstrations to visitors as well as work floor interactive experiences.
- Lead activity stations for group programs.
This position will report to the Executive Director. Work schedules may vary to accommodate special events and programs, and availability of other staff and volunteers. Cognition is an equal opportunity employer.