JOBS & INTERNSHIPS
Reports to: Board of Directors
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
COGNITION of Davie County, Inc. is seeking a full-time, dynamic, visionary leader with a proven track record of success in nonprofit management to serve as its Executive Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will provide direction and leadership for all aspects of the organization to achieve the interactive learning center and makerspace’s mission and goals. Ideal candidates will have a passion for education in all its forms but especially STEAM, an appreciation for local families and children, and the ability to embody and communicate these qualities as a primary ambassador for the interactive learning center and makerspace in the community.
Send resumes, cover letter, and employment application to:
COGNITION of Davie County, Inc.
Attn: Kim Crawford
P.O. Box 816
Mocksville, NC 27028
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passion and sincere appreciation for Cognition’s mission, prior experience with learning institutions preferred.
- Strong organization skills – ability to prioritize, schedule, delegate, plan and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Display hard working, self-motivated attitude.
- Proven skills in project management, budgeting, cost estimation, and timelines.
- Strong supervision, management and leadership experience, with demonstrated ability to build trust and collaboration to achieve optimal team performance.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and grant writing.
- Experience working with nonprofit boards and volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required or commensurate experience of at least 7 years.
- Develop programmatic activities to support and complement the exhibit and makerspace offerings within the interactive learning center and makerspace.
- Oversee day-to-day interactive learning center and makerspace operations.
- Supervision, approval, selection and evaluation of staff and volunteers.
- Liaison between Board of Directors and Cognition staff. Interprets and enforces policies of Board of Directors.
Fundraising & Budgeting:
- Develop marketing & fundraising strategy to create and maintain effective annual fundraising strategies to meet organizational goals.
- Oversee budgets to ensure financial integrity, growth, and stability of the organization.
- Coordinates short- and long-term fundraising for exhibits, programs, and operations.
- Supervision, preparation and implementation of grant proposals.
- Build and sustain strong relationships with key partner constituents in the public, private and nonprofit sectors.